Saturday, July 08, 2006

Julie Roberts


I love country music, but usually only listen to a select few well-know artists like Shania Twain, Leann Rimes, The Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. Up-and-coming country singers never seemed to appeal to me for some reason. That all changed a few years ago when I read about Julie Roberts. She started out as an employee of Mercury Records as an office receptionist, then later an assistant to the head of the record label. She worked on her music on side and eventually collaberated with a producer to record demos, one of which was played for the head of Mercury Records, who didn’t know at the time that this new country singer was his assistant! She landed a record deal, and recently released her second album. She is very reminiscent of Faith Hill, and I think she has a promising career ahead of her! I especially like her songs "Unlove Me" and "I Can't Get Over You".

No comments: